- Agha Ali Raza, Samia Razaq, Amna Raja, Rizwan Naru, Ali Gibran, Abdullah Sabri, Haroon Niaz, Muhammad Bilal Saleem, Umar Saif, Real-time Automated Surveys among Low-literate Masses using Voice-based Telephone Services. In ACM DEV 2016, November 18-20, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Agha Ali Raza, Rajat Kulshreshtha, Spandana Gella, Sean Blagsvedt, Maya Chandrasekaran, Bhiksha Raj, Roni Rosenfeld, Viral Spread via Entertainment and Voice Messaging Among Telephone Users in India. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD '16), Jun 03-06, 2016, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
- Aditya Vashistha, Agha Ali Raza, Umar Saif, Roni Rosenfeld, Richard Anderson, Changing Perceptions of Citizens of India and Pakistan. In Development Consortium: HCI Across Borders and Proceedings of the 2016 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. May 07-12, 2016, San Jose, USA.
- Nikolas Wolfe, Juneki Hong, Agha Ali Raza, Bhiksha Raj and Roni Rosenfeld, Rapid Development of Public Health Education Systems in Low-Literacy Multilingual Environments: Combating Ebola Through Voice Messaging. In SLaTE (Workshop on Speech and Language Technology in Education), Satellite Event of INTERSPEECH 2015, September 4-5, 2015, Leipzig, Germany.
- My doctoral thesis: Viral Entertainment as a Vehicle for Disseminating Core Development Services.
- Yibin Lin, Agha Ali Raza, Jay-Yoon Lee, Danai Koutra, Roni Rosenfeld and Christos Faloutsos, Influence Propagation: Patterns, Model and a CaseStudy. In PAKDD2014 (The 18th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), May 13-16, 2014, Tainan, Taiwan.
- Haohan Wang, Agha Ali Raza, Yibin Lin and Roni Rosenfeld, Behavior Analysis of Low-literate Users of a Viral Speech-based Telephone Service. In ACM DEV-4, December 6-7, 2013, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Agha Ali Raza, Farhan Ul Haq, Zain Tariq, Umar Saif and Roni Rosenfeld, Spread and Sustainability: The Geography and Economics of Speech-Based Services. In ACM DEV, January 11-12, 2013, Bangalore, India.(Download Extended Abstract)
- Agha Ali Raza, Farhan Ul Haq, Zain Tariq, Mansoor Pervaiz, Samia Razaq, Umar Saif and Roni Rosenfeld, Job Opportunities through Entertainment: Virally Spread Speech-Based Services for Low-Literate Users, in Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. April 27-May 2, 2013, Paris, France.(Download Extended Version) (CHI Best Paper Award)
- Agha Ali Raza, Mansoor Pervaiz, Christina Milo, Samia Razaq, Guy Alster, Jahanzeb Sherwani, Umar Saif and Roni Rosenfeld, Viral entertainment as a vehicle for disseminating speech-based services to low-literate users, in Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 350-359. DOI=10.1145/2160673.2160715 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2160673.2160715.
- Agha Ali Raza, Sarmad Hussain, Huda Sarfraz, Inam Ullah, Zahid Sarfraz, An ASR System for Spontaneous Urdu Speech, Oriental COCOSDA 2010 conference, Nov. 24-25, 2010, Katmandu, Nepal.
- Huda Sarfraz, Sarmad Hussain, Riffat Bokhari, Agha Ali Raza, Inam Ullah, Zahid Sarfraz, Sophia Pervez, Asad Mustafa, Iqra Javed, Rahila Parveen, Speech Corpus Development for a Speaker Independent Spontaneous Urdu Speech Recognition System, Oriental COCOSDA 2010 conference, Nov. 24-25, 2010, Katmandu, Nepal.
- Huda Sarfraz, Sarmad Hussain, Riffat Bokhari, Agha Ali Raza, Inam Ullah, Zahid Sarfraz, Sophia Pervez, Asad Mustafa, Iqra Javed, Rahila Parveen, Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition for Urdu, International conference on the Frontiers of Information Technologies, December 21-23, 2010, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- My masters thesis: Design and Development of an Automatic Speech Recognition System for Urdu, June 2009.
- Agha Ali Raza, Sarmad Hussain, Huda Sarfraz, Inam Ullah, Zahid Sarfraz, Design and development of phonetically rich Urdu speech corpus, Proceedings of O-COCOSDA'09 and IEEE Xplore; O-COCOSDA'09, 10-13 Aug 2009, School of Information Science and Engineering of Xinjiang University, Urunqi, China (URL: http://o-cocosda2009.xju.edu.cn).
- Agha Ali Raza, Awais Athar, and Sajid Nadeem, N-GRAM Based Authorship Attribution in Urdu Poetry, Proceedings of the Conference on Language and Technology 2009 (CLT09), Lahore, Pakistan, Jan 2009 (URL: http://www.crulp.org/clt09/index.htm).
- Agha Ali Raza, Zulfiqar Habib, Manabu Sakai, Interpolation with rational cubic spirals, Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies (IEEE Catalog No. CFP08617, ISBN: 978-1-4244-2211-1, Library of Congress: 2008901427), Rawalpindi, Pakistan, Oct. 2008.
- Agha Ali Raza, Asma Zaib, Sana Altaf, Zulfiqar Habib, On a Special case of path planning, Proceedings of the 7th CIIT Workshop on Research in Computing (ISBN: 978-969-8779-18-4), Lahore, Pakistan, June 2008 (URL: www.ciitlahore.edu.pk).
Research by other groups on Polly data
- Nir Rosenfeld, Mor Nitzan, Amir Globerson, "Discriminative Learning of Infection Models", WSDM 2016.
- S. Mansha, F. Kamiran, A. Karim, A. Anwar. "A Self-Organizing Map for Identifying Influential Communities in Speech-based Networks", In Proc. CIKM 2016, Indianapolis USA.
- A. Anwar, S. Mansha, F. Kamiran, A. Karim. "Identification of Influential Users in Speech Based Networks", In Proc. PACIS 2016. Chiayi Taiwan.
Presentations and posters